Did you know that between 70% to 80% of the cells that make up your immune system are located in your gut?

What is Resistant Starch?

Resistant Starch is any starch or starch product that cannot be digested or absorbed within the upper digestive tract. It passes through the stomach unchanged by digestive enzymes. Without absorption or digestion taking place in the stomach and small intestines, RS2 moves into the large intestines and colon. RS2 is a good substrate for fermentation to increase fatty acid concentration and lower the pH levels in the bowel, guarding against DNA and cell damage. Fermentation can only take place in the absence of oxygen. Without that oxygen present, fermentation becomes a primary means of energy production. RS2 is also a prebiotic which promotes the growth of “good” bacteria in the gut. 70% of our immune cells reside in the gut and RS2 maintains healthy gut flora and feeds the cells.

Resistant Starch is a prebiotic which promotes the growth of “good” bacteria in the gut by acting as food for probiotics.

How RS2 can help you and the benefits of implementing starch into your diet.

Butyrate and Fermentation: Resistant starch is associated with a fatty acid called butyrate. This fatty acid protects colon cells and prevents genetic damage, which can prevent cancer. This is where we circle back to soluble fiber. Soluble fibers also contain this same fatty acid, but not at the high levels that resistant starch has.

Satiety: Resistant starch is known to produce more satiety, or the feeling of satisfaction from food, so that you can satisfy your body with less food intake.

Sugar/Insulin: The most exciting news for people with a sugar problem and diabetics, resistant starch can improve insulin sensitivity by enhancing the way our body handles carbohydrates due to an increased rate of fermentation in the colon.

Did you know that you are only 10% human? The other 90% of you is bacteria.

resistant starch weight loss

Weight Loss

We all know that in order to lose weight, we must increase energy output to a greater level than the energy we are consuming. RS2 has the ability to prevent microorganism build up in the digestive system and increase thermic energy from food intake. In other words, resistant starch, once it is in the bowels, is used by bacteria and microorganisms for fuel or to produce energy, which results in possible weight loss and increased metabolism. To lose weight or increase metabolism, there must be an increase in one of three sections: physical activity, thermic energy from food, and/or our metabolic rate. Resistant Starch increases your thermic energy by adding a boost of two key satiety hormones: glucagon-like-peptide (GLP-1) and peptide YY (PYY).


faviconResistant Starch “resists” breaking down into sugars, resulting in lower blood sugar levels

faviconStay full and burn more fat by implementing Resistant Starch in your diet

faviconLowers pH levels in your colon, guarding against DNA and cell damage

faviconResistant Starch is a prebiotic which promotes the growth of good bacteria and feeds our cells

faviconResistant Starch can be found in unripe green bananas and all of Zuvii’s products

Zuvii Products Are All Resistant Starch Certified!

zuvii resistant starch certified

How can you start to implement Zuvii Gluten-Free Flour into your RS diet?

Studies recommend we consume 20 grams of RS2 per day.  One to three spoonful’s of Zuvii Banana Flour mixed into your morning smoothie, water or milk will help aid you with risk in colon cancer, weight loss, digestion, sleep and more.

RS is only good in its raw form, once heated above 140 degrees F, you lose all RS content, so if you want to obtain the maximum amount per serving we recommend eating it raw.

There are many more benefits of using a resistant starch in your diet, but these are the most common and sought after effects. We hope you enjoy Zuvii Banana Flour and get the utmost experience in whatever way you decide to use it.  Enjoy!

Read More About the Benefits of Resistant Starch