This is a farmer’s market dream! An easy-to-prepare, delicious heirloom tomato soup! Serve it fresh or freeze it for year-round enjoyment!
- 3 TB olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium yellow onions, diced
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 TB tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Zuvii Banana Flour
- large handful of fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 tsp dried basil
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 15 medium or 10 heirloom tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped (capture their juice for the soup)
- 1 cup Daiya Sour Cream
- Generously cover the bottom of a 12-quart pot with olive oil. Set to medium high heat. Once up to temp, add onions and 1/4 teaspoon eachsalt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions start to turn clear.
- Stir in the garlic, tomato paste, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute. Add broth, basil, and heirlooms. Bring to a simmer, cover the pot, and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until tomatoes are softened. Add 1/4 cup Zuvii Banana Flour. Let sit for 2 minutes. Then, adjust seasonings to taste.
- Once soup has cooled, puree 2/3 in a blender. Rewarm for serving. Top with a dollop of Daiya sour cream.