This grain-free chocolate chip banana bread recipe is great as a loaf or turned into muffins. It is a great tasting protein-rich and additive-free snack.
- 1/2 cup Zuvii Banana Flour
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- pinch salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 TBS Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Butter, Melted (or 1/4 cup sunflower oil for dairy free)
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 1/4 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place liners in muffin pan (or grease a loaf pan and line it with baking paper).
3. Whisk together the banana flour, almond meal, baking soda and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, beat egg, vanilla extract, brown sugar, maple syrup, orange juice, coconut oil, and melted butter.
5. If not using a mixer, mash the bananas then mix in. Else add bananas in pieces.
6. Beat in the dry ingredients, then fold in the chocolate chips, and pour into pan.
7. Immediately bake at 350°F for 13 minutes (40 minutes for loaf) or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Keep in fridge up to four days, or freeze.
Makes 48 mini muffins or one loaf.
Thank you Stephanie at SafeRecipes.com for the recipe!