This gluten-free muffin is great for either breakfast or dessert. It resembles a coffee cake but is baked in a muffin tin so you can easily grab one as you head out the door for work.
- 3/4 cup Zuvii Banana Flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 6 TB milk
- 2 TB + 2 tsp melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 TB brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 2 TB melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Make a well in the center and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together milk, butter, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Pour wet mixture into the well of the dry ingredients and blend until you’ve reached a thick but smooth consistency (add more milk if needed).
- Make the crumb topping by combining all ingredients except for the butter in a bowl using a fork. Then add the melted butter and stir until crumbly.
- Scoop batter equally into the six muffin tins and sprinkle a heaping tablespoon of the crumb topping on top.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until the crumb topping is golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from oven and let cool before eating.