Why Banana Flour?
Great Source of Resistant Starch
Resistant Starch is a prebiotic that reaches the large intestine intact, where it creates an environment for healthy bacteria to flourish.
This has many benefits including:
- Improves insulin sensitivity
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Helps promote weight loss
- Regulates pH levels in the colon
- Boosts the immune system
Gluten-Free Substitute for Baking Flour
Banana flour mimics the results of regular flour remarkably well, making for an easy transition to banana flour in everyday baking. Taste has an earthy, wholesome flavor and texture is light and fluffy.
- High in potassium and vitamins
- Great taste
- Less is more (only requires 1/2 to 2/3 cup to every 1 cup of regular flour)
- Natural starches bind better than most gluten-free flours
If you replace only 5% of your total carbs with resistant starch, the body will increase its fat burning up to 30% after a meal. It’s almost the same as if you were to exercise for 30 minutes after your meal.
-Chase Williams, Author of The Resistant Starch Bible
One of the Highest in Resistant Starch (40%)
Our newest batch of Zuvii Banana Flour (available through wholesale) has almost double the amount of resistant starch compared to competitors.
Nutritional Values (Per 100 g)
- Resistant Starch 40g
- Inulin 4g
- Potassium 3090mg
- Total Fat (g) 5.5g
- Calories from fat 0
- Calories 333
- Saturated fat (g) 0
- Trans Fat (g) 0
- Cholesterol (mg) 0
- Protein (g) 4
- Carbohydrates (g) 10
- Total Dietary fiber (g) 29.g
- Total Sugars (g) 7.4
One of the Lowest APC Counts
Depending on the circumstances, a high APC may indicate that a food has been mishandled or contains poor quality ingredients. Some potential issues associated with a high APC include:
- Failure of sorting, trimming, washing, etc. to remove or destroy bacteria from raw ingredients adequately
- Insanitary equipment, particularly near the end of the process
- The food has reached or is approaching the end of its shelf-life
- The food has been stored at or above room temperature for too long or has partly decomposed
Luckily, with Zuvii, you don’t need to worry about these issues. We take pride in having one of the lowest APC counts and one of the strictest quality control teams in the banana flour industry.
“I love Banana Flour, it’s fantastic stuff, especially for Gluten Free baking. It acts as a great binding agent and blends great with other GF flours. Also, if you need to eat Resistant Starch, which is almost all of us, Banana Flour is one of the best sources for natural Resistant Starch.”
– Shauna Ahern, GlutenFreeGirl.com